From the Owner: A Great Team

One of the most difficult  issues that business owners deal with is staffing.  It's so hard to find good people to do the very best they can to provide great services and exemplary customer service.  First, they have to commit to truly being part of the team.  Second, they have to be willing to do whatever they can to support the team.  Finally, they have to be consistent.

Of course I'm committed, its MY business and I'm going to do whatever it takes to be successful.  But getting other staff members to have that same level of commitment is very difficult.  Believe me, I have definitely been through a number of employees.  It's not that they were all bad.  Its just that they either couldn't provide great services or weren't willing to give exemplary customer service or they just weren't committed to being part of the team.

One of the hardest things to deal with in this business is how inconsistent the market is.  One day you might be so busy you can't get a lunch and the next your praying for the phone to ring.  I've actually tested the phone by calling myself because it hasn't rang all day.  I know it seems a bit silly but I'm always looking for the reasons why things are going well and more importantly why they aren't going well.  I keep more statistical data than most business owners of my type.  I believe you have to know where you've been and where you are now to know where your headed.  But that's a topic for another blog.

Currently, I have three great employees that I want to mention by name.  They are great service providers, they offer exemplary customer service and they are consistent.  Of course, I have my own experience with them to pull from but more importantly, I listen to our clients feedback after each service and reviews on Google, Yelp and Facebook weigh heavily in my opinion.

First, let me tell you about Tess Cancino.  She is a Licensed Cosmetologist here at Texas Sports Massage and Day Spa.  She has been part of my team since day one (December 7th, 2015).  She performs an array of services here including hair cut and color, lash extensions, facials and more.  She keeps me laughing all the time!  For those of you who don't already know, she is also my daughter.  She is my right hand man, my sounding board, my office manager, my eyes, my ears and my memory.  It sucks getting old!!!  She always brings her great sense of humor, unwavering commitment, she is willing to do whatever is asked of her and her commitment to making this business successful is second only to mine.  She is a huge asset to me and my business and I truly don't think I could do this without her.  This is a recent review:
     "Tess never ceases to amaze me.  She knew exactly how my hair needed to be cut and styled for           my face frame.  Not only does she get it done right the first time, she carries on a great                         conversation.  Couldn't be more satisfied! :)"  Marie M.

David Correa is a Licensed Massage Therapist.  He has been part of the team since January 2017.  I feel so lucky to have found David. He has been working 6 days a week for months, he often asks about the statistics and how we are doing in general, he has never called in sick, he's never late and he never complains.  He gives 100% in each and every massage because he loves helping people.  He specializes in Targeted Therapeutic Massage, Sports Massage and Deep Tissue Massage.  Here's a review of David:
     "David was phenomenal. He listened. He asked the right questions about my needs, injuries, etc...      He educated me (gave me some ideas of what was causing and contributing to my injuries). He          mapped out a methodical plan for our session and communicated it. He kept me informed the              whole time he was working on me and listened attentively to feedback. Solid work! I'll be back."        S.H.

Megan Davis is a Licensed Massage Therapist.  She has been part of the team since May 2017.  She is a valued member of our team.  She has been committed to helping us grow pretty much since her very first day.  Somehow she completely understood our mission and is committed to providing quality massage each and every time.  She doesn't have as much availability as David does because she also takes care of an elderly family member which is admirable too.  Here's a review of Megan:
     "This was a great massage!! I have been stressed for a couple months...with muscle tightness...I           am so relaxed now!! A fantastic massage and I will be back!!"  Denise B.

One thing that all of us have in common is that we care about people and we truly want to help them. That's why we work so well together and that's why you'll get the very best services and customer service each time you visit us at Texas Sports Massage and Day Spa!!

If you are a Licensed Massage Therapist or Licensed Esthetician and you want to be part of great team, give me a call!  Until next time...Dare to Jump!

Theresa Roy, Owner
Texas Sports Massage and Day Spa
Plano, Texas
www.texassportsmassage.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From The Owner: "I'm JUST The Owner!"

From the Cosmetologist: My Journey to Becoming a Licensed Cosmetologist